|Saturday, 11-Feb-2006 14:31
SPIRAL CURRYPUFFS (KARIPAP PUSING)
Had Fried Macaroni for breakfast and also Karipap Pusing. Made the karipap beforehand and just freeze it in the freezer till needed. Needs a bit of extra patience ;-) to do this, but worth it! This is Kak Liza's recipe. Thanks Kak Liza for a nice and crunchy karipap recipe!
1 cup lukewarm water + a bit of salt
1 teaspoon spry (crisco)
margarine ~ to produce soft dough
1. Mix all the ingredients in A until the dough does not stick to your hand. Divide into 5 small balls. Leave aside.
2. Mix all the ingredients in B till a soft dough is formed. Divide into 5 small balls.
3. Flatten 1 dough from A. Wrap around B. Repeat the process till all 5 are done.
4. Take 1 dough and roll flat. Roll as swiss roll.
5. Roll out the dough lengthwise again. Roll as swiss roll.
6. Repeat the same procedure (4 &5) with the other 4 remaining doughs.
7. Take 1 rolled pastry and cut into 1/2 inch thick. Roll flat.
8. Put the filling in the middle. Fold over and pleat the ends of the pastry to seal in the filling.
9. Fry till golden brown
1 cup minced chicken or minced meat
1 onion ~ diced
2 garlic ~ chopped
500g potatoes ~ diced
1 tablespoons curry powder (mix with a bit of water to form a paste)
1 cup water
salt to taste
curry leaves ~ for fragrance
1. Heat oil and put in the onion and curry leaves till soft and fragrant.
2. Add in the curry paste and stir well.
3. Add in minced chicken or meat, diced potato, salt and water.
4. When the potato has soften and there's no water left, remove from heat and let it cool.
A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university lecturer. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life. Offering his guests coffee, the lecturer went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups: porcelain, plastic, glass, some plain-looking and some expensive and exquisite, telling them to help themselves to hot coffee. When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the lecturer said:
"If you noticed, all the nice-looking, expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is but normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the better cups and are eyeing each other's cups."
"Now, if Life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of Life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
So please, don't let the cups drive you...enjoy the coffee. My wish for you in 2006 is to enjoy the coffee!
Words to inspire you...
Real happiness lies not in achieving things others value, but in what we desire ~ J Arockiam
Cekya >> Huhuhu...cekya ni ada-ada je la...nenek fried chicken tu kan ke ayam goreng biasa je! Cekya punya gambar murtabak tu, buatkan mama teruja nak cuba buat murtabaklah. Doh roti canai dah siap diuli. Mama guna resipi Niceghost. Nanti nak buat intinya pulak...Now...minda mama la pulak yang tercabar gara-gara cekya! Kalau Cekya sudi nak cuba resipi-resipi yang mama tepek di sini, mama happy sangat....TQ!
Ibu Aiman >> Mama suka tengok gambar baby Aiman tu..'Baby-baby' mama dua dua dah tua...so tengok je la baby orang...hehehe! LOL
Suhaimi >> Try jangan tak try...tapi bab jemput akak tu....cam ajak-ajak ayam jek...huhuhu...
Elaine>> Dear Elaine...I think you must have meant these two comments for http://rinnchan.fotopages.com(Rinn). I've copied and pasted your comment in Rinn's page. Hope she'll answer your question ya. And just to add a little, 'cawan' is not bowl actually buat a cup. Which ever cup you are using, use the same one in measuring all the ingredients in that particular recipe ya. Happy experimenting ;-)
hayati email@example.com>> Walaaikumussalam. Pertamanya, ingin saya perbetulkan sedikit. Saya bukanlah Kak Hanieliza tetapi MamaFaMi... :-> Menjawab soalan yang telah diutarakan, spry atau crisco adalah vegetable shortening. Bentuknya seakan-akan butter tetapi berwarna putih.